Candela Labs, LLC (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- The Candor mobile app (App) hosted on the Apple iTunes Store, and Google Play (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your smartphone or tablet (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any Data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Data and how We will treat it.
Our Platform is for use only by those over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to use our Platform.
Information we collect
All content that you share on Candor will be viewed by all members of the Candor community. By joining the Candor community, you consent to the information that you post being shared with all members of the Candor community.
While we encourage openness and transparency, only share content you are comfortable sharing with everyone else who have signed up for an account on Candor. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution and only post information that you are happy to share publicly.
We may collect and process the following Data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information):You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any related Service Sites. With the exception of any information that you provide for support services, the information We request is anonymous and may include, username or preferred name, password and other registration information, details of symptoms and dietary information and personal notes. Please note that while all data we collect is anonymous, please be mindful that information that you choose to share in the app could reveal your personal identity to us.
- Information We receive from other sources (Third Party Information).We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, and analytics providers), however We do not receive information about you from them.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us for support or otherwise, We collect the information you provide us, including: your name, email address, operating system, device information and model, language, and any other information that you choose to provide.
Information that we do not collect
Any Data that We collect, with the exception of when providing technical support, is anonymous and We do not collect the following:
- your real name (we ask for a preferred name);
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your age (we collect a range if you choose to provide); or
- financial and credit card information.
How we use the information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted information and Device Information: to analyze your usage of the App in order for us to continue to make improvements to the App.
- Content information: to provide customer service and support, and to improve the App.
- Log information: to analyze your usage of the App.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or third-parties, but we may provide anonymous aggregate information about our users to third parties.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Data to third-parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Candela Labs, LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Candela Labs, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your Data, We cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to the Service Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. For the avoidance of doubt, We shall have no responsibility whatsoever for the content of any data which you may input and store in the App or on the Site and We shall not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or damage of data you input or store in the App or on the Site.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your Data) if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. Please note that any advertisements that appear in the App are provided by third parties such as Google. We do not disclose any information to third parties but the advertising service relies on information that third parties may collect from you directly.
All of the data we collect is anonymized and we do not target our marketing towards children under the age of 16.
The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the App or the Services.
Personal Information. “Personal Information” includes information that identifies you as a specific person. You can visit our website without providing any Personal Information about yourself. Some of our Services may require you to register for an account or otherwise provide us with your Personal Information. When we collect Personal Information from you, we will tell you what Personal Information we are collecting and describe how we will use that information.
The Personal Information we may access or collect may include, without limitation, your:
• Name, email address, home address, telephone number, mobile phone number, and birthdate.
• User name, password, and other registration information.
• Health information that you provide us, such as specific information about your medical conditions, medical history, medications, and laboratory testing results (collectively, “Health Information”).
Use of Personal Information. Subject to applicable law, we may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
• To provide you with the Services.
• To market and promote the Services and services of our third-party partners to you.
• To notify you about changes to our Services.
• To create aggregate information relating to the use of the Services by removing any personally identifiable information about you (“De-Identified Data”). We may use De-Identified Data created by us for any purpose and without restriction.
• For any other purpose you authorize.
Permitted Disclosures. Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your Personal Information under the following conditions:
• To our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes of conducting our Services.
• To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to operate our business and who are obligated by written agreements to keep your information confidential and to use your information only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
• As required by law, subpoena or court order.
• When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect your safety or the safety of others, to protect our rights, or to investigate fraud.
• To an entity that acquires us or a significant portion of our business in the event of an acquisition, merger, reorganization, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, including as part of a bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
• For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
When Do We Access or Collect Information From You?
• When you provide information in connection with your use of the Services or respond to our requests for information.
• When you post information on public forums available as part of our Services.
• When you correspond with us by email, through our contact page or physical mail.
Passive Collection of Information. When you use the Services, certain information may be passively collected by our computer systems, cookies and third party services, including:
• Access Device and Browser Information. When you access the Services from a computer or mobile device, we may collect anonymous information from that device, such as your Internet protocol address, browser type, connection speed and access times, and the type of computer or mobile device you use.
• Usage Information. We may keep track of how you use our Services, such as how you navigate from one screen to the next or the content of searches you perform. We may also use technology to alert us when you open an email from us.
• Cookies. “Cookies” are small data files sent to your browser while you are viewing a website. We may use session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies to make the Service easier to use. You can modify the settings in your browser to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. See additional information about cookies below. (added June 29, 2023)
We abide by Facebook’s Data Use Restrictions.
• Any ad data collected, received or derived from our Facebook ad (“Facebook advertising data”) is only shared with someone acting on our behalf, such as our service provider. We are responsible for ensuring that our service providers protect any Facebook advertising data or any other information obtained from us, limit our use of all of that information, and keep it confidential and secure.
• We do not use Facebook advertising data for any purpose (including retargeting, commingling data across multiple advertisers’ campaigns, or allowing piggybacking or redirecting with tags), except on an aggregate and anonymous basis (unless authorized by Facebook) and only to assess the performance and effectiveness of our Facebook advertising campaigns.
• We do not use Facebook advertising data, including the targeting criteria for a Facebook ad, to build, append to, edit, influence, or augment user profiles, including profiles associated with any mobile device identifier or other unique identifier that identifies any particular user, browser, computer or device.
• We do not transfer any Facebook advertising data (including anonymous, aggregate, or derived data) to any ad network, ad exchange, data broker or other advertising or monetization related service.
Updating your Information. For promotional and newsletter emails, you can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of emails we send you.
Security. We employ physical, electronic and administrative security measures to help protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access or tampering, including encryption of your data. Despite these measures, data transmitted through the Internet or stored electronically cannot be made absolutely secure.
Security Violations. Please report any suspected security violations by email at email@example.com.
Children. We do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under 13, without first receiving verifiable parental consent we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible. Children under the age of 13 are not permitted to create their own accounts with us unless their parent provides verifiable consent.
Your consent applies to the following domains: https://candor.health
What are cookies ?
Cookies are small text files that are used to store small pieces of information. The cookies are stored on your device when the website is loaded on your browser. These cookies help us make the website function properly, make the website more secure, provide better user experience, and understand how the website performs and to analyze what works and where it needs improvement.
The third-party cookies used on our websites are used mainly for understanding how the website performs, how you interact with our website, keeping our services secure, providing advertisements that are relevant to you, and all in all providing you with a better and improved user experience and help speed up your future interactions with our website.
How can I control the cookie preferences ?
You can opt out of these cookies at any time – to learn how to do this or if you would like to learn more about how advertisers use these types of cookies, please visit http://www.youronlinechoices.eu if you are based in the EU. If you are based in the United States and would like to learn more, please visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/ .
All the data contained in the cookies that we use is completely anonymous and doesn’t contain any personal data. If you want to delete or disable cookies, see: www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies.
To opt out of cookies from Google: www.google.com/privacy/ads.
In addition to this, different browsers provide different methods to block and delete cookies used by websites. You can change the settings of your browser to block/delete the cookies. To find out more out more on how to manage and delete cookies, visit wikipedia.org, www.allaboutcookies.org.