Candela Labs, LLC (We) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
- The Candor mobile app (App) hosted on the Apple iTunes Store, and Google Play (App Site), once you have downloaded or streamed a copy of the App onto your smartphone or tablet (Device).
This policy sets out the basis on which any Data We collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your Data and how We will treat it.
Our Platform is for use only by those over the age of 18. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to use our Platform.
Information we collect
All content that you share on Candor will be viewed by all members of the Candor community. By joining the Candor community, you consent to the information that you post being shared with all members of the Candor community.
While we encourage openness and transparency, only share content you are comfortable sharing with everyone else who have signed up for an account on Candor. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution and only post information that you are happy to share publicly.
We may collect and process the following Data about you:
- Information you give us (Submitted information):You may give us information about you by filling in forms on the App, or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when you register to use the App, download or register an App, subscribe to any of our Services, search for an App or Service, make an in-App purchase, and when you report a problem with an App, our Services, or any related Service Sites. With the exception of any information that you provide for support services, the information We request is anonymous and may include, username or preferred name, password and other registration information, details of symptoms and dietary information and personal notes. Please note that while all data we collect is anonymous, please be mindful that information that you choose to share in the app could reveal your personal identity to us.
- Information We receive from other sources (Third Party Information).We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, sub-contractors in technical, advertising networks, and analytics providers), however We do not receive information about you from them.
- If you contact us, We may keep a record of that correspondence. If you contact us for support or otherwise, We collect the information you provide us, including: your name, email address, operating system, device information and model, language, and any other information that you choose to provide.
Information that we do not collect
Any Data that We collect, with the exception of when providing technical support, is anonymous and We do not collect the following:
- your real name (we ask for a preferred name);
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your age (we collect a range if you choose to provide); or
- financial and credit card information.
How we use the information we collect
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Submitted information and Device Information: to analyze your usage of the App in order for us to continue to make improvements to the App.
- Content information: to provide customer service and support, and to improve the App.
- Log information: to analyze your usage of the App.
We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers or third-parties, but we may provide anonymous aggregate information about our users to third parties.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your Data to third-parties:
- In the event that We sell or buy any business or assets, in which case We may disclose your Data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Candela Labs, LLC or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case Data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If We are under a duty to disclose or share your Data in order to comply with any legal or regulatory obligation or request. In order to:
- protect the rights, property or safety of Candela Labs, LLC, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although We will do our best to protect your Data, We cannot guarantee the security of your Data transmitted to the Service Sites; any transmission is at your own risk. Once We have received your information, We will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access. For the avoidance of doubt, We shall have no responsibility whatsoever for the content of any data which you may input and store in the App or on the Site and We shall not be responsible for any loss, destruction, alteration or damage of data you input or store in the App or on the Site.
We will usually inform you (before collecting your Data) if We intend to disclose your information to any third party for marketing purposes. Please note that any advertisements that appear in the App are provided by third parties such as Google. We do not disclose any information to third parties but the advertising service relies on information that third parties may collect from you directly.
All of the data we collect is anonymized and we do not target our marketing towards children under the age of 16.
The new terms may be displayed on-screen and you may be required to read and accept them to continue your use of the App or the Services.