Indulge in the most mouthwatering crispy chicken drumsticks you’ll ever savor! Forget complicated recipes – these drumsticks are so easy to make and offer an explosion of flavor and a delightful juicy tenderness. This recipe has perfected the art of oven-baked chicken that comes out perfectly crunchy and irresistible, leaving your guests craving seconds (and maybe even thirds!).
These drumsticks offer a good source of protein, but remember that the crispy coating on these drumsticks can add extra calories and fat, so moderation is key. To make them a healthier option, this recipe opts for baking instead of frying. This reduces the amount of saturated fat and excess calories, making it a more wholesome choice.
Pair your crispy chicken drumsticks with a variety of nutrient-rich side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, a fresh green salad, or whole-grain options like quinoa or brown rice. Balancing your meal with a mix of colorful vegetables and whole grains enhances its nutritional value.
– No artificial ingredients
– Allergens: Contains eggs. No shellfish, dairy, nuts, soy
– Easily customizable for many diets (IBS, SIBO, low FODMAP, IBD)
Irresistible crumbed crispy chicken drumsticks
- 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup breadcrumbs If gluten-free preferred, use breadcrumbs from gluten-free bread or crushed gluten-free cornflakes for extra crispiness
- ½ cup all-purpose flour for gluten-free, use rice flour, cornstarch, or potato starch
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 large eggs beaten
- cooking oil vegetable oil or canola oil for baking
- Preheat your oven to 200°C (390°F) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a shallow dish, combine the breadcrumbs, paprika, dried oregano, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well to create the coating for the chicken drumsticks.
- Dip each chicken drumstick into the flour, coating it evenly.
- Dip each chicken drumstick into the beaten eggs, allowing any excess to drip off.
- Roll the egg-coated chicken drumsticks in the seasoned breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat the chicken evenly and create a crispy coating.
- Place the coated chicken drumsticks on the prepared baking sheet.
- Drizzle or spray a little cooking oil over the coated drumsticks to help them brown and become crispy during baking.
- Bake the chicken drumsticks in the preheated oven for about 35-40 minutes or until they are golden brown and cooked through. The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 75°C (165°F).
- Once the drumsticks are cooked and crispy, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy your crispy crumbed chicken drumsticks as a quick, easy, and delicious main dish or appetizer! These drumsticks go well with your favorite dipping sauce and side dishes like a fresh green salad or roasted vegetables.