– Low FODMAP recipe (no garlic, onion or other high FODMAPs)
– IBS friendly
– No artificial ingredients
– Allergens: No dairy, nuts, soy, shellfish, eggs
– Low sodium
All our recipes use fresh ingredients, no artificial flavoring and we limit the use of off-the-shelf sauces or spice mixes. If opting for a pre-made sauce or spice mix, make sure to read the label and understand all the ingredients.
This is a super flavorful, yet simple dish that is low FODMAP friendly and has few ingredients. Mexican cilantro lime chicken is a popular dish in Mexican cuisine that features chicken marinated in a mixture of cilantro, lime juice, garlic, and other spices. The chicken is typically grilled or pan-seared until it’s cooked through and has a slightly charred and crispy exterior.
The cilantro and lime combination gives the chicken a fresh and tangy flavor, while the spices add a depth of flavor and a bit of heat. This dish is often served with rice, beans, or tortillas, and can be topped with salsa, guacamole, or sour cream for extra flavor. It’s a flavorful and easy-to-make dish that’s perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or for entertaining guests.
Juicy Mexican cilantro lime chicken
- 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs chicken breasts also work well
- ¼ cup lime juice
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, cumin, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Place the chicken thighs in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over them, making sure to coat both sides of the chicken.
- Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or up to 4 hours.
- Preheat a skillet to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken from the marinade and discard the remaining marinade.
- Cook the chicken for 6-7 minutes per side, or until it is fully cooked and no longer pink in the middle.
- Garnish with chopped cilantro. Let the chicken rest for a few minutes before slicing and serving.