Crispy Tofu presents a straightforward yet satisfying culinary experience. Starting with firm or extra-firm tofu, the process involves pressing to remove excess water, creating a base that ensures a delightful crunch. The tofu cubes are then coated in a mixture of garlic-infused oil, gluten-free soy sauce, maple syrup, and a touch of paprika, enhancing the natural flavors without overwhelming the palate.
Cornstarch is the secret to achieving that desired crispy texture, making the dish light and enjoyable. Baked to perfection, the tofu maintains a tender interior, providing a well-balanced contrast in every bite.
Versatile and undeniably simple, Crispy Tofu doesn’t demand extravagant accompaniments. Whether served with a side dipping sauce or incorporated into salads or stir-fries, its unpretentious appeal shines through. This dish stands as a testament to the art of elevating basic ingredients with thoughtful preparation, offering a satisfying, down-to-earth option for those seeking a delightful plant-based option in their meals.
– No artificial ingredients
– Allergens: No shellfish, dairy, nuts, soy, eggs
– Easily customizable for many diets (IBS, SIBO, low FODMAP, IBD)
- 1 block firm or extra-firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused oil
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 scallion chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Drain the tofu and press it to remove excess water using a kitchen towel or paper towels.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the pressed tofu into bite-sized cubes. In a bowl, combine garlic-infused oil, gluten-free soy sauce, maple syrup, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss the tofu cubes in the marinade until well-coated.
- Sprinkle cornstarch over the tofu cubes and gently toss to coat evenly.
- Place the tofu cubes on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, ensuring they are evenly spaced.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, flipping the tofu halfway through, until golden and crispy.
- Allow the crispy tofu to cool for a few minutes before serving. Enjoy with a side of dipping sauce or add to salads, stir-fries, or rice bowls.