– Low FODMAP recipe (no garlic, onion or other high FODMAPs)
– IBS friendly
– No artificial ingredients
– Allergens: No dairy, nuts, soy, shellfish, eggs
– Low sodium
All our recipes use fresh ingredients, no artificial flavoring and we limit the use of off-the-shelf sauces or spice mixes. If opting for a pre-made sauce or spice mix, make sure to read the label and understand all the ingredients.
Here is a quick and easy low fodmap recipe for stir-fried rice with vegetables. This recipe is versatile and can be adapted to suit your taste preferences. You can also add some protein, such as tofu, or cooked chicken.
Chili oil is a versatile condiment that adds heat and flavor to many dishes. It’s made by infusing oil with dried chili flakes and other aromatics. The chili oil is optional – make sure that the oil does not contain garlic or onion, which are high FODMAP. Check out our chili oil recipe.
Brown rice is a whole grain rice that is known for its nutty flavor, chewy texture, and high nutritional value. Unlike white rice, brown rice retains its bran and germ layers, which contain fiber, vitamins, and minerals.
Stir-fried brown rice with vegetables (low fodmap, no onion/garlic)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten optional
- ½ cup green chili
- 1 cup chopped mixed vegetables (such as carrots, peas, beans)
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free soy sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon chili oil garlic free
- 2 tablespoon olive oil as needed
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add green chilies. Saute for 2-3 minutes till the raw chili smell disappears.
- Add the vegetables and stir-fry for another 2-3 minutes, or until they are tender-crisp.
- Move the vegetables to one side of the skillet and add the beaten eggs to the other side. Scramble the eggs until they are cooked through.
- Add the chili oil and soy sauce and try to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally, until everything is heated through, and the rice is slightly crispy.
- Turn off the heat and garnish the rice with fresh spring onion greens.