What should I address with a doctor prior to a Colonoscopy?
You should talk with your doctor about any health problems you have and all prescribed and over-the-counter medicines, vitamins, and supplements you take, including:
– arthritis medicines
– aspirin, or medicines that contain aspirin blood thinners
– diabetes medicines
– nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs such as ibuprofen
– vitamins that contain iron or iron supplements
To prepare for the colonoscopy, you will need to:
– change your diet for a few days
– clean out your bowel
– arrange for a ride home after the procedure
Your doctor will tell you how long before the procedure you should have nothing by mouth.
Join the conversation at https://www.facebook.com/getcandorapp